From:
Jaymi Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 21:56:49 -0500
Well, I finally got cable this week in my new apartment.  I was pleasantly
surprised when I discovered that I got the Animal Planet station.  So, I
have been watching it a lot hoping to catch a glimpse of a ferret on it.  I
was getting out of the shower today when I saw a preview of the show that
was about to begin.  IT WAS ABOUT FERRETS!  That name of the show is "Pet
Connection" and it has a vet on it, and the whole show takes place in his
"office".  The vet was holding the pudgiest, and cutest ferret during this
preview.  He was going to do the show on ferrets, talking about what
"wonderful" (what he said!) pets they make, and what supplies you will need
to take proper care of them.  So I frantically searched for a blank tape,
found one that had something on it, so I began to fast forward it, praying
that I could get to a blank spot before it started.  The show started, and
it said today's show had 3 things on it--Allergies in cats, parakeets, and
owners and their pet friends.  I started to get angry, thinking the ferret
part would never come on, but it finally did.  The vet said the could be
outdoors and indoors (although I disagree with that), said that their cage
should have "wide" mesh (stressed the wide..getting out anyone?), said they
like toys (although he didn't talk about the HAZARDS of some toys), showed
clumping litter that when he set the box down DUST came out (*cough*), and
he said they would do well on DOG food!  ACK!  He talked also about giving
them a vitamin supplement on a daily basis.  Daily?  I thought that was bad.
Hmmm.  And the vet talked about deworming them.  I never have done that, and
am wondering what he means.  I don't know if this is true, considering some
of the things he said were "necessary" for ferts.  A few good things he said
were to brush them everyday, give them tubing and things to hide/play in
(but, if I remember correctly, he didn't mention blankets and things.  I'm
going to watch it over, to make sure.), and to check to see if they are
legal where you are before you get one.  All-in-all, I really disagreed with
a lot that this guy said.  I should send him some info on ferts, just to let
him now the RIGHT things on their care/well-being.  Thought I would share my
ferret on cable experience!

*!*Jaymi + 4*!*
*Leroy, Petra, Kirby, and Samson*