From:
Sandy E Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 22:21:41 EDT
Grump!  Gripe!  Dagnabit!  Piffle and Harrumph!!  Why me, Lord?  - don't
answer that!

Here I be done had my kit (camping stuff) all packed, ready to head off to
the mountains just as soon as the doctor got done shocking the wherewithall
out of my legs this morning.  Then he confirmed what I already knew - Ol'
Flop Foot will be with me for some time to come, perhaps forever.  He sent
me down the hall to be fitted for my bionic parts.  How was I supposed to
know that these things are custom fitted and take nearly a week of visits to
get them right?  "Heck," I roared to the nice little lady who kept playin'
with my leg, "Just lop some branches off of a tree trunk and tie them on.  I
gotta go.  "

"Now just take it easy, Mr. Schieman," she soothed.  "The doctor said that a
properly fitted brace might just do you some good."

Gawd!  I really hate it when folks call me "Mister".  Well, I finally calmed
down just a might.  That lil' ol' gal was kinda cute so I settled back and
let her play with my leg some more.  I started thinking about Mee Maw and
how we might just have to phlegnate our squeezixes just as soon as I got
home.  I did!

I finally got home.  Lots of nice things had happened while I was being a
grouch up at the doctor place.  There was a package of really nice things
that an FML member had left on the front stoop.  There were some nice cards
in the snailbox from other nice folks.  My shop had called and left me a
message about a BBQ they was throwin' and would I be interested in doin'
some cookin'.  I got quite a few nice e-mails.  Tater and Odie were even
glad to see me.

Well now.  This nonsense has got to stop!  How can I possibly manage to
maintain my status as a Grouchy Old Curmudgeon if folks keep doing nice
things for me?  Give me a break!

(Shifting now into serious mode - even though it hurts), I must thank you
for all of the love and support you have given me in my time of physical and
spiritual crisis.  I wish that I could send a personal reply to all who have
sent kind and loving letters.  I cannot.  Their is still much healing that I
must accept and make a part of me.  That is my first priority.  I keep
trying to retire from the FML for awhile and seek my healing in other
places.  Perhaps I am wrong in this.  I really don't know.  I do know that I
need to get back in touch with the source of myself and get over my anger
and hurt.  I will make my journey to the source of healing; it will include
a trip to the mountains.  It will also include staying in touch, as best as
I can manage, with the wonderful folks on the FML.

Thank you. God Bless...
Paw Paw