From:
"McLaughlin,Sharon;DSENPRS,LM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:07:00 DST
I too got my ferrets from a Pet Shop and both of them were not what I was
told.  I got Woobie for my Birthday six years ago.  He was previously owned
and returned to a pet shop.  I saw him and wanted him.  They told me he was
about 6 months old.  The vet told me he was about 1 year to 1 1/2 years
old.  He wasnt sure.  So Woobies B-day is the same day as mine, since that
is when I got him.  I guess that will make him about 7 Years old now.  I
didnt know what breeder he came from (I didnt know much about ferrets back
then, Breeders etc..)  It turned out he is Marshalls.  (Tattoos in his ear).
He is the sweetest tempered ferret I ever met.  He was already like that
when I got him.  No Biting, no bad behavior, hes so good.  I'll never know
how he was raised, but I'm glad they gave him up to me!  A year later I was
at the same pet shop.  There was a very active little ferret.  It bit HARD
and broke the skin everytime someone tried to put their hand in the cage.
I braved it out, With my shirt sleeves covering my hands.

Eventually as I was holding it, it calmed down.  I was told that it was a
Male, about 2 months old.  I fell in love and took "Him" brought "Him" home
named "him" Junior (Woobie Junior).  Brought "Him" to his first vet visit
and had to name "him" Princess.  They are not what I thought I was buying,
but I would never trade either of them for anything in the world!!!!  Im
sure its a common mistake when there are unknowledgable pet store
employees.  This pet store just had kids working there, and Im sure were
never informed about the animals they were selling.  Knowing what I know
now, I wouldn't buy another from a Pet Shop.  I didnt know about the FML,
Shelters etc..  Back then.  Now I do.

Sharon (Smaccie), Woobie and Princess
http://members.aol.com/smaccie/ferret.html