From:
Ferret Rescue of Tidewater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 14:34:39 -0400
Hi all!

I just read Laura's post about Abu, and thought that this might help.  One
of the things that our rescue does is donate whole blood to ferrets when
suffering from flea anemia and aplastic anemia, with mixed results.  Laura,
do you have another ferret (prefererably a large, young male) that could
donate some blood for Abu?  Ferrets do not have blood types like humans, so
any blood will work, as long as the red cell count is high enough.  If your
vet is willing to try this, don't take more than 12cc of blood from the
donor(the equivalent of one unit for a 5 lb male) and maybe help him out!

Please let me know, and I will keep Abu in my thoughts......Good Luck!!!!

Lisa