From:
April Armstrong Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 01:35:25 -0400
>... "was told that the buyer in question (fiveloves) had her Ebay
>account suspended without any warning whatsoever, causing her bids to be
>retracted automatically, and has not received any responses at all yet
>from Ebay as to why this happened.  I, on the other hand, have received
>4 reponses from Ebay personnel in the past 48 hrs. so I'm genuinely
>confused about the lack of disconnect between Fiveloves and Ebay...."

FYI, last year some jerk hacked into my Ebay account and stole my ID, my
active bids on items, and my personal and credit card info.  At the time,
I was bidding on a beautiful ferret quilt that Kris of the FML had on
Ebay benefiting a rescue, and I was crushed when I couldn't access my
account to keep in the auction in addition to the problems associated
with identity theft.  I was afraid the scammer would "sell" a bunch of
things, collect the money and screw people, all under MY name, and screw
me as well as them.

While I was able to communicate with Kris, Ebay was NOT very helpful AT
ALL in helping recover my ID and nailing this person, and were not
responsive to my plight in a very timely fashion.  It took forever for
them to respond to several emails, and there is no way to call them,
even when a lot of money is at stake.

This criminal changed my user ID and Ebay password, etc.  Fortunately, I
was apparently smarter than them-Ebay sent notification of the changes
to my email address, which they still stupidly had been unable to
disassociate from the account yet, and I was able to trick this criminal
into changing IDs again; when they did, I immediately logged on to Ebay
under their new name with the temporary password Ebay sent to MY email
address and I was able to change the password again.

I had to cancel my credit card, etc. and my Ebay ID status showed up as
having been changed, etc, and I am now stuck with that scam artist's
former IDs being associated with my account; but I was lucky that they
didn't ruin the 100% positive feedback I'd built up over the years and I
didn't have a damaged relationship with any of my Ebay buyers or sellers.

Point is, you CAN get screwed through no fault of your own on Ebay, and
Ebay often doesn't give a rat's hiney about it.  Fraud protection on Ebay
is a joke-there have been several articles to that effect-and they proved
it in my case.  They have something like 400 reps to deal with 4 million
customers.

Just mentioning this so you might all give fiveloves the benefit of the
doubt.  I wouldn't doubt anyone who says they don't know why they can't
get into their account and can't get an answer from Ebay about it.

Haven't been around much, but saw this and thought I'd share!

-April and the newly re-formed Auburn Six-Pack (Holly is staying!!!!)  :)