From:
Nancy Stenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 10:57:39 -0500
To the person who wondered about an older ferret getting on with a new one,
it seems to be a rather individual matter, but here's our experience.  We
got our first ferret as a kit, and two years later added a second.  They
took to each other right away, and were sleeping together by the second
night.  They tend to go their separate ways a lot in play, but they
sometimes play tag, and certainly don't fight.  A year later, we added two
female kits.  They took a little longer to integrate--4-5 days, but they all
get along fine now.  The girls tend to play with each other more than with
the boys, but not exclusively, and any combination of them can be found
sleeping in the same pile at various times.  So, if this experience is
typical, I guess it means go for it.

Nancy

Nancy Stenson
Institute of Linguistics and Asian and Slavic Languages and Literatures
190 Klaeber Court
320 SE 16th Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55455

Phone: (612) 624-2529