From:
[log in to unmask] (kristen herzog)
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 94 11:08:48 EDT
Hello Fellow Fuzzy Lovers!
        I have two questions - first, I'd like to repeat Jim
Anderson's question about rough play.  I have a similar situation
concerning Roo (f, approx. 4 months) and Nesta (m, approx. 3months).
They live together, are caged together, and snuggle together quite
often - in other words, they get along fine.  Nesta, however, gets in
these moods where he will pick on Roo.  If they're not caged, she's
quick and small enough to spirit away.  But at night, in teh cage, he
pinns her and bites her throat, face, ears, belly, and whatever else
he can get ahold of.  I wouldn't be worried if not for the fact that
Nesta is RAPIDLY growing and poor Roo is teenie tiny at 1.2 pounds and
steady.  She'll hiss, sreach occasionally, and sometimes "play dead",
lying still until he lets go......
        Secondly, I just moved into a new apartment with my boyfriend
(YEAH!) but we've discovered a few other not so pleasant creatures -
cockroaches... (BOOOO!!!).  my SO wants to ask the landlady to bomb the
place (it is her respondsibility).  I think it will be futile;  we
live above a restaurant/bar so I'm sure they will just crawl up again
through the crawl spaces.  PLUS, what affect will this have on the
furries?  Obviously the four of us (2 humans, 2 ferrets) will have to
shack up someplace else for a few days, but doesn't the fogger stuff
settle into the carpet and other places furries frequent?  I'm
starting to think that man and cockroach can co-exist in peace....
                Thanks, Kristen (mommie)
                        Roo & Nesta (who will soon be trained to herd bugs)

End of network mail