From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:05:37 EDT
I got this off an Internet BB this morning.  Christmas is in Brevard
County, FL, off the Beeline, about halfway between Orlando and
Titusville.  I'm thinking that volunteers are the most urgent need right
now.  Maybe some Central FL people could help out for a few hours this
weekend, or take on a couple baby squirrels for a week or two at their
home.

My mother-in-law lives in Christmas and was hit really hard by the
hurricane.  She runs a non-profit organization that rehabilitates injured
animals from squirrels to horses called Fallin Pines Critter Rescue.
She is in desperate need of volunteers to help with the trees that have
fallen on cages, repair cages, remove 9 fallen trees, repair roof damage
as well as clean up.  She has had over 40 baby squirrels brought to her
since Saturday that she has to feed every 2 hours.  I have called
everybody I can think of and nobody wants to help because it is for
animals not humans.  I realize there a lot of people that need help but
if anyone can volunteer their time to help her and the animals, we would
greatly appreciate it.  Her website is fallinpinesrescue.org and her
phone number is 407-568-7988 (her phone service has been on and off
so if you call and no one answers, please try again or email me at
[log in to unmask] )  If you can't volunteer, please take a look at
the website and maybe you can help with a donation.  Thank you for your
time