From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 20:17:05 -0800
Something came through my desk today that reminded me of our "Grandma"
ferret name thread.  It was about politeness, and how to test what you are
about to say by imagining yourself saying it to your grandmother, or the
grandmother of a dear friend.  If it sounds too flip, or blunt, or out and
out rude, to say to nice grandmothers, it could well do with a little
re-phrasing.

Since we're talking about Grandma-type ferret names, I thought I'd bring
this up.  We often get tizzed by what we read here, (ok, maybe you don't
get tizzed, but I sometimes do) and respond as if our opinion is right and
we need to straighten out the thinking of everyone who is wrong.  If we can
apply the "Grandma Test", maybe we will take a softer approach.

On another topic - what is the latest with the Drenamin usage?  Are the
ferrets who were trying it continuing to improve?  Are more people giving
it to their ferrets?  Have there been any adverse reactions?

So - Ed - you gonna add a mouse eating contest to your Fretchin shindig?
Oops, I think I just failed my own "Grandma Test"!

Georgia - the left coast one...