From:
Charleen Schuster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:40:44 -0700
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to post that there is a person in San Diego, Ca that will be
returning to Washington State on Friday, August 31st.  She will be taking
I-5 and would be happy to stop and pick up any ferret that needs to be
taken out of California.  Just e-mail me and I will be happy to send you
her phone number in California that she can be contacted at.

Also wanted to post that we have a large amount of ferrets waiting in the
shelters in the Seattle area for new adoptive parents.  So if anyone is
looking for a ferret or a couple of ferrets please contact us.  So we can
find homes for these beautiful, handsome ferrets.  Some are very young and
need to be in homes instead of shelters.  Also wanted to post that the the
1st of the month cleaning for the Shelter in Bellevue is this Satuday, so
if anyone here in Washington has time to come and help out it sure would be
appreciated by everyone including the ferrets!

I noticed that someone is looking for clips that can be used on the litter
boxes to keep them attached to the cages.  I know if you go to the hardware
stores, you can find the best clips in the automotive department.  These
clips are sold at ferret shows that I have been at.  I usually put two on
each cage and none of my ferrets can move the litter boxes!  I am sure you
can get these at the Home Depot, Target, Eagles or any store like this.
Another ideal is to drill holes on the sides of the litter boxes and run
shoelaces thorough them and then attach to the cage or carriers.

I agree with Randy Horton on Totally Ferret being one of the best foods,
but I still like the ideal of getting ferrets use to other ferret and high
protein cat food, like Innova or Pinnacle, Eukanuba Kitten.  I mix Totally
Ferret, The Ferret Store Brand, Zupreem, 8 &1 Ultimate with the above cat
foods and put in a 50lb.  air tight container that I got from the Ferret
Store, with as many ferrets as we have in the shelters, its important that
the ferrets get use to more then one type of food.  I also believe that
people should also get ferrets use to a soft food in case they need to give
them medicine.  I love Bob's Chicken Gravy recipe use it on all my ferrets
once a week.  I have three ferrets that get it twice a day.  Two of them
have insulinoma and the other one has cancer in his mandibular jaw.

Well better get off this computer and do ferret change over.  That means
the ferrets out go back in their cage and the ferrets in their cage come
out for their free time!  I find that after two hours most ferrets are
ready to go back in their cage and take a long nap!

Charleen