From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 08:35:06 -0400
I've been looking at the debate going on about posts to the list when a
ferret dies and felt I had to post something.

I'm a survivor of multiple forms of abuse and torture.  I don't have much
contact with my family.  For all intents and purposes, my ferrets are my
family.

We all need an outlet for our grief and sorrow.  Many of us don't have close
friends or family we can turn to and the list is one place where we can
share our grief with people who understand.

It just helps people feel a little less alone.

In addition to all the useful information, this list is also about
community.  Grief, as well as joy, is part of life, as well as part of
being in a community.