From:
Aarrow-Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2012 08:06:34 -0500
A ferret will find things you never though existed and Pester taught me
a lesson on this. Pester found a Walmart plastic bag and loved to play
with it. I think she liked the crunch noise it made as she crawled all
over and inside it. Pester, like all my ferrets, loves to get under the
bed spread to sleep. It came time to put her back into her cage so I
went on a Pester hunt and as usual I sound a lump under the bed spread.
So I slid my hand under there and found that warm furry lump 'Z'ing
away.

But this time she crinkled. Hmmmm. I cradled her in my palms and slid
her out as usual but this time she had that Walmart bag under her. The
holes that make up the handles were wrapped and twisted about her
middle fairly tight such I could not just slide it all off. She was not
in any danger but any more twisting could have made a grave difference
in the outcome. I got a pair of snub nosed scissors and tried to get
under the plastic to shear it but it was too tight.

Pester got very nervous and twisted over in an attempt to nip me not
knowing I was trying to help her. She very soon figured out I was
meaning no harm so she relaxed and let me do what I had to do.
Eventually I got the plastic cut and the bag off. I guess those bags
will not be allowed to get loose again for her to play in.

Byte-me once got her head stuck in an empty toilet paper tube. She had
that tube stuck on her head for most of a full afternoon before I found
her and was able to get that off her. That also was on very tight and
could have resulted in grave problems if I had not found it when I did.
The only way to get it off was to rip that tube in the coil of light
cardboard it was made of resulting in a spiral of cardboard. For sure
she was very grateful to be free of that seemingly innocent toy.

Over time I have found a few other innocent materials that proved to
be other than safe to have around fuzz butt carpet sharks. So please
be careful of what your ankle biting tube dog finds to play with. They
are worse than human kids for sure !

Gordon and Pest R. Doodle.

_12-2Addy CEO