From:
Kelleen & The FANG GANG <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 05:08:29 -0600
Hi All,

Well I am back and hopefully this pooter beast is fixed and doing great.
Only time and use will tell and since this is my very first moment back on
line since it went away to be fixed I am unsure about that just yet.  I am
keeping my fingers crossed.

As of now I am subscribing to the FML once again.  I am leaving the past in
the past and will no longer speak of it in any way.  My wish is to return to
where I was before everything blew up in my face:-) So I am back and will
try to read the FML as faithfully as possible and still run the FANG Shelter
properly.  A lot of time will be spent in the very near future trying to
introduce myself and FANG to the community and build that direly needed
donation base here.  My new business cards should be printed tomorrow and
then I can begin.  Being physically limited it will be slow in coming as
this will be walking the entire town meeting everyone but I can only do what
I can do.

I plan to do a better update on FANG soon but for now I want to just mention
I have taken in 5 more rescues since my pooter went away and I was offline.
A tiny 1.4 lb.  female albino I have named Sweetheart, a very young possibly
no more than 3 to 4 month old black sable female I have named Kitzka, two
light sable females named Betty & Veronica and their big brother a hefty
light sable male named Mr. Boquet who I call Mr. B.  The sad thing is that
Betty & Veronica are return visitors and actually were my very first rescues
that were adopted to these people that already had Mr. B.  Now they must
move and can find no place that will allow ferrets I am told so they are all
3 with me for placement now.  Well once I rid them of the dang nasty
earmites they arrived with!!  Boy I hate them creepy crawlies, what a lot of
work they cause:-)

**** Now the reason this is short is my direly needed MEDICAL ADVICE!!!  ****

Otee is not doing well and I need all of you to help that can.  Since the
surgery that removed the most malformed adrenal my vet has ever seen, he has
refused to eat and I have been force feeding him now for about 25 days.
Only once last Sunday did I see him eat a small amount of the dry food on
his own.  He has also had constant diarreah since the surgery and even after
adding a great amount of Acidophilus to his food it persists.  I have been
using Kaopectate as well for the last 4 days or so with no luck.  Today we
stopped the antibiotic to see if that might help.

My sweet boy is very gaunt and way to underweight but it doesn't seem to be
getting better no matter what I do.  I have added a few supplements to his
food tonight and am trying also a different mixture of food as well.  He
does not eat anything voluntarily.  I am wracking my brain for anything and
everything that might help him.  I feel the diarreah is the biggest problem
right now.  I do not want to lose my sweet boy and it would devastate me to
have that happen right now.  I do not believe that Otee has ever had a
healthy and happy life since he was born and I want so desperately to give
him that before his allotted time is up.  PLEASE if you can help us in any
way write to me and put Otee in the subject line so I can find it quickly.
You see I pulled up my mail after going online tonite and found "59"
messages from when I was off line.  So I will be playing catch up for awhile
at least.  I will get back to each and every one of you tho and THANKS for
being patient.

So that is it and please if you can help sweet Otee in any way write
immediately.  We will be forever indebted to you.  THANKS!!  TNT!!

      *          Kelleen Andrews  &  The FANG GANG!!!!        *
              *     President and Founder of F.A.N.G. Shelter/Club    *
                    *         (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)
  *                      *           405 S. Orchard   Boise, Idaho  83705
       *
*    I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday!   *
*    All they want is lots of love and great chow.      *