From:
Juan Manuel Alcantara Acosta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 09:57:16 UT
Hello FMLer's

To Lauren:

My fuzzies liked to chew on electric cables, I used bitter apple but it
didn't work, they just ignored it so I had to find something to stop them,
either because of the smell or the taste.  The best solution I found is to
use green chiles, the taste is very hot and the smell very strong (and
hot).  I damped the cables in the juice and then let them try to bite them,
just one taste and they have never done it again, not even try to do it, it
works like magic!

I discussed this with Dr.  Williams last weekend and he agrees that this is
harmless, plus it is 100% natural.

I know it sounds kind of aggressive but it isn't, it is harmless, the taste
goes away in a few seconds and it works.  Now my fuzzies will not bite
anything that reassembles an electric cable and they stay away from anything
that smells like green chile, thought the smell goes away in a few hours but
the taste lasts for days.

I've never used hot pepper but I think it's the same, harmless and 100%
natural.  Perhaps it can also be used to discourage them from scratching
the carpet under doors.

Regards

JM Alcantara

JM - kids don't bite the cable of the T.V.!
Bogie - Why not dad? it's fun....chomp.. hey that's HOT!
Momo - What did you say?...chomp...WOW!!!!
I'll never dot it again.