From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 07:18:44 -0400
>From:    daniel pelletier <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: new ferret in what cage???help!!!
>i am looking for options cage-wise...i dont want to buy another cage,
>because i would plan on getting her in with the younger one (6 months old)
>but till my young one gets used to the idea of having a fuzzy friend iwth
>her, where do i place the young kit?  i am not going to buy a cage ($150
>cdn new) to give it away maybe 3-4 weeks later...any options?

HI

You might try calling a local shelter and see if you can borrow and
empty cage.

If you are sure the ferret is going to be a baby concisder getting the so
called 1 level supet pet hamster cage.  They are about $40 new and I find
they make a good "sick cage" when I have to isolate a ferret.  Check the
paper for used cages, try Thrift Stores, garage sales, and call the local
animal rescues and see if their thrift shops have cages.

Good Luck,
KG