From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 29 May 1994 21:20:00 -0400
To Shelly regarding Vanilla's potential companion:
   I got P.J. for Snickers after having Snix for a year as an only child.  P.J.
entered Snickers world as a tiny little baby (about 6 weeks).  I introduced
them to each other right away and Snix jumped around like an annoyed cat. After
that, I let Snix out at different times than P.J., but let both sniff at each
other through the cages.  At first, Snix would grab P.J.'s neck and drag him
around and P.J. would yell, so I kept their interaction supervised.  After a
week I started to let them play together more and interfere less.  As P.J. got
bigger, they were able to play more equally- and after three weeks they were
pals.  Now they are the best pf friends, and I am so glad i got P.J.!!  Tell
your "other half" that two are better than one, and that poor Vanilla must
be lonely, that is why she's being destructive or messy, 'cause she is bored!
:> Good Luck!!!
    Sandboxes-
Is there any kind of wooden shavings that aren't bad poor ferrets?  I have
been thinking of making a play sandbox for the fuzzies because they love to
 dig.I don't want to use anything that resembles litter because then they'll dig
 in
their potty pan...  Can I use beach sand?  What is a substance that is good for
them that is 'digable' and not too dirtying??
Thanks!
-Stacey