From:
Himberger Gerri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 06:34:27 -0800
I would like to know if anyone has any experience with submitting a
claim (successfully) to Marshall Farms.  I had to buy a ferret last week
because apparently the store was just planning on letting her lay there-
the store vet diagnosed her as "retarded"- she is extremely young,
doesn't understand how to feed herself yet, but there are some other
issues going on with her.

I fought to get her written off, she is deaf, but because the vet said
nothing is wrong with her except she is "special ed", they refused, and
so she was laying there, while everyone else walked on her and played on
her, and I couldn't get her to wake up for more than a minute or two, and
I couldn't get in to feed her enough to make a difference, and so had to
pay full price for her to get her out of there.  I know there are people
who say she should have been left there- I've heard it all.... I couldn't
do it, they were talking about trying to ship her back, and she wouldn't
have made it to the airport.  Troy Lynn has been wonderful in helping
with her, and is helping me with all of it, I was just wondering if
anyone has any experience with doing this?

--- Gerri (and baby Serena)

When you get a chance to be nice to someone, take it: everyone is hiking
uphill.