From:
Sherri Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 14:03:05 -0500
Hi all . . .

I've heard that toddlers can get nicotine poisoning from eating
cigarettes--so I imagine ferrets can too, and from far less a quantity.

We noticed Pepper was interested in cigarettes on day 1, so we take great
pains to keep them out of his reach.

Smokey got her name from stealing a cigarette right out of a pack!

The filter is maybe more interesting to them than the tobacco, but even
still, fibreglass can't be good for them either.

--Sherri