From:
The Lady of Shalott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 13:51:49 -0400
Hello everyone!

I've been away for a while but I have kept up with my FML readings.

Well, it happened last week- Buster and Jasper finally became friends!  As
some of you may remember, I aquired Jasper in the winter after my little
"Hooch" had to be put down.  Buster my other ferret just would not have
anything to do with the new little guy.  I kept them apart till Jasper grew
to a size that I was satisfied was big enough to handle himself.  Then I
just let them run around handling it themselves this June and now...Bestest
buddies!!!

What I thought was fighting was in the beginning then I noticed they were
screaming and dooking but they were just kind of jumping and rolling around
on eachother...no biting. :)  So I got brave enough to put them together in
the same cage during the day when I was home to make sure they weren't
hurting each other.  Now they reside together!

It took me 7 months but finally.  So for all of you guys out there going
through the introductions, it does and will work out!  Just be patient and
let them work it out themselves.  (Under a slightly watchful eye;))

Also, Rebecca I'm sorry about all you are going through.  No matter how many
credentials that Vet has, he has nothing if he has no compassion.  And if I
was you, I would point it out out to him.  He should have known he was
dealing with a distraught "mother" and not have gone off on you like that.
Good Luck with Jitterbug.  I'll send some healing thoughts to you!

Margo

"Come away oh human child
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand