From:
Robin Hegge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:56:00 -0500
I am a relatively new ferret owner.  I purchase 2 boys who were cage
mates, Nike and El Diablo.  I went to a pet store chain and saw the
cutest little girl there.  Needless to say, I wanted her immediately.  I
brought Niko home about a week ago.  The problem is this: the boys want
to hurt her.  One more so than the other (he was named El Diablo for a
reason!).  I have bought a separate cage for her but am hoping that they
will get along.  Niko is rather timid compared to the shelter boys.  I
have let them all out together twice.  One of the boys broke her skin,
the other yanks on her neck.  I do not want her hurt obviously but I
don't want to her be lonely in her cage by herself either.  Does anyone
have any ideas on how to integrate them safely?

Robin Hegge
Administrative Coordinator
Fourscore Resource Capital, LLC
Ph:  888-889-6803