From:
Richard Beveridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 07:29:54 -0800
Like life, we never know what awaits our ferrets in the future.  You may
want to spend a few minutes now, in order to make things easier later.  Most
ferrets are finicky eaters.  They find a food they like and its tough trying
to get them to change.  If you are ever unfortunate enough to have to start
giving your ferrets medications, you will be thankful you took some time to
get your ferret used to eating something other than dry ferret food.
Ferrets will eat other 'stuff' if you are persistent about it over a period
of a few weeks .  Something as simple as Heinz Chicken Broth babyfood for
example.  It smells pretty bad (to us) but ferrets will eat it as a treat if
you warm it up and water it down.  It is an excellent 'vehicle' to
distribute unpleasant tasting drugs too.  In case you are wondering, we now
have 3 of our 4 ferrets eating this stuff and its not just to get them used
to its taste.