From:
Corinn Lesperance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 10:42:33 EDT
Ok gang, I'm loosing my mind here!  Every morning when I get up the bottom
of the 3 floor cage my 3 ferrets are in is COVERED in poop and pee.
NOTHING is in the litter box.  I just obtained a new ferret 6 weeks ago and
ever since then my other 2, who always hit the litter box when in their
cage, have stopped using it.  They will climb down the ramp and go right in
the middle of the floor.  I tried putting food in 2 corners and one of them
went right IN the bowl!!  I don't know what to do.  It's like this when I
wake up and when I come home from work.  It's stinking up my apartment and
my roomate is getting so mad.  They are walking through it and dragging it
up to the other 2 levels.  It's just seriously out of control.  I've read
through the archives and they all talk about hitting the litter box when
out of the cage.  This I don't have a problem with.  They have a designated
area where they like to go, so I put down newspaper and that's fine.

Please help, I'm loosing my patience with them.  I'm sick of waking up to,
and coming home to a gross cage floor.

Thanks, Corinn