Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2006 10:29:41 -0600
I don't have time to search for them at the moment but there are
published studies on changes in domesticated and wild ferrets.

One particular study that I remember involves changes in brain
function. This was a French study and it is published.

There is also a published study on the difference of sperm in wild and
domestic ferrets. I'll have to find time to go back through 10 yrs of
saved files to find these studies as they've long ago been filed away.

These two come immediately to mind so I would think there are other
studies documenting the differences between wild and domesticated
ferrets.

One thing that is being overlooked is that most of the ferrets in the
US are from ferret farms that are not concerned with genetic health.
This could very well be the reason our ferrets aren't as long lived as
in other countries where they do not have the mass farming of ferrets
for sale.

Happy Holidays to all. tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org