From:
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 11:33:28 -0700
>From:    paige <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: HELP! DESPERATE to Find a Remedy!  (PLEASE POST)

We are quite familiar with Crohn's (as is a certain ferret owning
publishing tycoon).  Diane has it pretty bad - home on disability.

ECE is in many ways similar but it isn't the same.  ECE is viral while
Crohn's is one of the auto-immune diseases.  Prednisone is one of the
standard treatments for Crohn's.  We have often wondered whether pred
would help ECE victims but we've not had a chance to find out.  The ECE
virus clips of bits of the intestinal lining so it is almost like the
case in Crohn's where the intestine is effectively digesting itself.

>From:    Robynn McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ferret mentioned in commercial, costs

Not trying to pick a fight...

>I was recently house hunting and I don't know what you think you can get
>for 100k here..but I can bet you that it has the word "mobile home"
>attached to it.

You live in one of the most expensive parts of the Southeast.  Florida has
some pricey places as does the DC metropolitan area.  I live in a VERY
cheap area.  The houses along my lane are in the $100K to $140K range.
None are mobile homes.  Of course we are on the edge of Appalachia.

You are very right though that we along the East coast are blessed with
EXCELLENT veterinarians.  I am always grateful to them for their help
(and friendship).

-bill
--
bill and diane killian