Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:04:06 -0500
allergies:
From my personal experience, I would also look at factors like litter type,
bedding, and how much dust the ferret picks up while running under the
radiator before feeling certain that the allergy is really to ferret dander
or fur.  I am allergic to clay litter, and during a brief time when I
couldn't get wood pellets, the ferrets made me itch from the dust on their
fur.  Ditto when a ferret has just collected all the dust bunnies it can
find-- they make me itch then too.  But, I'm not allergic to ferrets.

Lupron costs:
The costs seem to vary widely, but from what I understand, it has to do
with the expense of storing lupron and its shelf life.  I was fortunate in
that when Cully needed Lupron, we could go to an animal hospital with a
high turnover rate, so that they could afford to charge less per dose (at
that time, $18 plus the vet tech visit fee).  A smaller practice might have
to charge more per dose just to cover their own costs in buying the Lupron.
Another thing is that there's different doses of Lupron, but I'm sure
others know more about that than I.

Ankle digging:
Amelia went through that phase.  It lasted about three years and tapered
off, though she'll do it once in a while still.  Basically bumping them out
of the bed is all you can do.  I also used the "hug and squeeze til you
can't wait to get away from me" mode of discouragement ;-)  It was a real
annoyance while it lasted, but on the plus side I have a ferret that likes
to sleep with me every night, so I feel that keeping her free roam was
worth the annoyance.

Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/8096

          The eight legs of the devil now
             are crawling up my spine