From:
Steve and Diane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:13:26 -0400
>I would like to make a public apology to Sandy at the Rabbit Rodent &
>Ferret house.  She is taking Penny out of my home because she thinks that
>the e-mail I sent out gave off the message that the ferts at the shelter
>weren't cared for.

This is very interesting why do you need to make an apology to Sandy from
the Rabbit Rodent and Ferret house and another thing why is she taking
Penny out of your home????  I re-read your post from Aug.21-22 and I see
nothing wrong in what you said about the shelter.  Penny sounds like a sick
cookie and you saw that she needed personal care.  You stated that she
still does not eat crunchie food and that she does not eat on her own so
you have to feed her soft food off your finger.  I don't care what the
shelter says there is no way a ferret with needs like that can get the
personal care they need to get healthy.  Penny needs to be feed several
times a day..............can the shelter take time out to give her that
attention?  She needs lots of love and special attention and even if the
shelter can give her that you will never convince me that it is better
for her to be in the shelter then in a loving, caring home.  As I see it
Corynne didn't flame your shelter she just pointed out that the shelter
could not provide the same loving environment a personal home could
provide.  Something she was more then willing to do, but no your ego got in
the way and you took that precious ferret out of her home.  The impression
I get is that you are more worried about yourself then you are worried
about a ferret who is ill and in need of special care one on one care that
she could have gotten from being in Corynne's home.  How selfish of you to
deny Penny a loving home even if it was only long enough for her to get
better and Corynne did express the desire to give her a permanent loving
home.  Whos needs are more important yours or the ferrets in your care.
You removed Penny just because Corynne made an observation about your
shelter that you didn't like and then made the mistake of posting it.
Penny deserves that special care just as any other ill ferret does and you
had no right to deny her of that care.  By the way Sandy did you give that
family that dumped Penny off because she was sick another ferret????  This
whole thing never should have happened just because of a few words put to
print.  In MY opinion you were wrong to remove Penny from Corynne's home.

DianeK,wiggles,cocoa,cleo and daddy too!!!!

[Moderator's note: This seems to me like something that spilled over
from the Washington state list and has nothing to do with an FML related
incident.  Let's take it offline unless we can get all the facts.  BIG]