From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 12:59:20 -0500
It is almost Spring here and that speaks of loving and happy poetry and
funny short stories: all created to bring a smile with the flowers and
bird song.

So, a challenge: see how many people on the FML YOU can make smile or
laugh!

Ferret faces flower
past Winter's frozen sorrows
Break away the ice!

Whizbang is lush and white with her new Spring coat coming in, Mornie
almost dark as coal.  But it is almost Spring, with the tips of the
earliest flowering bulbs breaking ground, and that means the sun is once
again bright enough and angled perfectly to spread colors down the hall
from the defraction gradings and prisms hung in our windows, letting us
learn that both black and white change to racing rainbows as ferrets dash
and wrestle through the spectrum.

Sherman and Hilbert are old, but Mornie and Whizbang have never seen
Spring; Mornie never anything but Winter.  Now we are having a few days
where we can open the southern facing screened door, and they are
discovering the smells and sounds of the world awakening.  So far that
means spring soil warming, birds' arias to attract mates, the tips of
plants emerging, but soon they will notice flowers, Spring grass, baby
leaves, peeping birdlings, and more all for their first times.  It is
really reminding us more of the simple joys of Spring than just Spring
alone.  They go to the screen, stand up against the metal with the sun
bright and warm on their faces, and try to inhale the world to learn
what it is telling them.