Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 02:48:25 -0400
Sukie wrote:
>Was interested a great deal in Fred's first paragraph, esp.  the last
>sentence.
>
>>Sam explained to me that Australia had been doing early altering for
>>decades and had just recently found afew adrenal cases, as some of the
>>recent posting have shown.
>
>Anyone in Australia willing to jump in on how common early neutering has
>been over there to help us all learn more?  That comment is a new one for
>me and very interesting.

Matter of interest (and I didn't notice Fred's original comment, sorry)
I was talking about *New Zealand* rather than Australia.  I also didn't
mention any number of years.  I believe it's just over one decade than
'several' decades, however I don't recall the exact number of years.

There has been one suspected case of adrenal in New Zealand, however in
surgery the signs were inconsistent with adrenal problems.  I've attempted
to get information on this particular ferret since the time of surgery,
and have never received a response, so unfortunately, have no details on
exactly what *was* wrong.

I personally feel that adrenal may be caused by an environmental factor
(environmental being anything from food, air, water, treats, hours of
light, type of light, amount of exercise etc etc)  I sincerely hope that
research can be brought together to find out the causes of adrenal and
insulinoma problems, however no sign of this seems to be forthcoming.

Apologies for the delay in responding, my online time has been sporadic of
late.

Sam