From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 2010 11:07:24 -0400
I had a mistyping in which I forgot the critical specification that
where grains are worse than poultry for ferrets with EXISTING kidney
disease is mostly in the brans (Major OPPS):

The HIGHEST in the grains section were higher than the highest in the
poultry section BUT THOSE HIGHEST WERE BRANS, so not present in most
ferret foods, followed by some forms of corn/maize which is not present
in many of the best ferret foods.

*****The types of grains used in the better ferret foods have similar
phosphorus levels to many of the poultry types so you need to look up
the SPECIFIC TYPES IN THE REF PROVIDED AND COMPARE for any kibble you
are looking at more closely in this regard.*****

Huge apologies for being rushed.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: