From:
Michele Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 1980 20:35:29 -0500
Dooks to all,

Just had a bit of concern, and I noticed that Sukie had mentioned this
too...at the alarming number of questions on here as of late that should be
addressed by a vet..your ferret's vet, or I should say, a FERRET vet.  A
competent one.  Yesterdays, questions left me with about five of the same
(sorry, can't remember your name) but you stated you had a 2yr old female
with a swollen vulva whom the vet treated for a urinary tract infection...
please get a second opinion...even if it means a bit of a drive to a
University teaching hospital in a neighboring state.  Askk several vets in
your phonebook who they would recommend for exotics.

Jaime, the seedy stool is not eggs, it is usually seen as diarrhea, or
some type of stomach upset, is clearing up, and is caused by decreases fat
absorption so the stool gets an oily, eggy look to it.

Brown teeth are, as has been stated, usually a sign of a previous fracture
and can cause a lot of discomfort and decreased ability to chew if the root
is involved, see a vet for inexpensive dental xrays if your pet seems to be
having diff chewing.

June, I gave up on boxes with my cat here...I used plastic runners or
linoleum tiles in the corners for easy cleanup.  Now that my cat decided he
likes living with my sister better, my ferrets use of their boxes is WAY
up...about 85%...that's the best ever for mine!  Sorry I don't have a
better answer for you, but they really do hate sharing with the cat!

BIG TEN!!!!!!!!!!

Dooks to all,
Michele & the snowferrets
MAN is it cold in the NE tonight!!!