From:
Lynn & Bob <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 15:43:24 -0400
We have 6 ferrets, one is deaf.  She is one year old chocolate and we just
LOVE her to pieces.  Her being deaf is and was NEVER a problem, as she
comes when we knock on the floor, she must feel the vibration and know.
She watches the others very carefully, and when they come for goodies she
is right there with them.  We trained her to do tricks, use the liter pan,
and do all that the other hearing ferrets do, and she actually listens
better and she caught on to some things faster than the others.

Some may have problems with their deaf fuzzies, but ours has been a
complete blessing, and we are so glad she is apart of our lives.  She does
know hand signals, the knocking on the floor for when she is hiding, as
soon as me knock on the floor she comes out to see what mommy or daddy
wants, ALL the time.  I hope this helps you, as we just love our deaf
ferret as we do all of ours.

Bob
Taz, Sharkie, Jack, Jill, Bootz, Daisy Lou