From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 2009 00:46:22 -0600
Debi stated:
>If a ferret is suseptable to contracting CDV at an animal shelter,
>then it is comprihensible to see that risk of a ferret contracting
>CDV at a ferret show is alot higher if "Proof" of vaccination is
>"NOT" required to enter the show hall with your ferret.

I don't think so. Distemper vaccination paperwork can be forged, which
makes it the same risk at any show. None of the cat shows I attended
required proof of vaccinations, or horse shows for that matter. You are
risking your own animals, if you don't vaccinate, and take unvaccinated
animals to a show. The vaccination requirements are for those who don't
know any better. If you are breeding you should certainly know better.

Sandy and the Dook City Gang
Rainbow Crew; Chelsea, Valentine, Jasmine, Tasha, Boris, Taz, Sugar,
Honey, Popov and Katie