From:
Ferret Friends <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:33:37 -0700
Hi, we were recently introduced to a new feed and have given it a try.
Everyone seems to like it and the ferret that we received recently,
Einstein, was a research ferret (hence the name).  Well he was a very big
fellow with a nice fat tummy.  He had been used her in town for research
and was scheduled to be put to sleep.  One of the young ladies at the lab
adopted him and brought him to us.  He has to get neutered and de-scented
first since that had never been done.  Well he is doing fine now and has a
good home and lots of love.  OURS!  We fell in love with this guy at first
site.  Anyway, on to the food.  The lady who brought him to us said that
she could get the food that he was on VERY cheap, so we have given it a
chance.  On to the question, one is does anyone know if I can order this
myself and where from.  I am going to call the manufacturer also to check,
but I have a feeling they only deal with labs.  It is Harlan Teklad
Ferret diet, the specs on it look pretty good and just from what I saw on
Einstein, ferrets fatten up real nice.  Here is a page with the analysis
http://www.harlan.com/teklad/other/standard/7772.htm

Thanks,

P.S. we do not approve of using ferrets for research, but if we can save
them before they are put down we will.  We are happy to have someone on
the inside since they are the only people who can adopt the animals from
the lab.

Chloe R. Fearing And Kona Morgan

Ferret Friends  Shelter and Rescue
Tucson, AZ.

Http://DCPCC.Pima.Edu/~Cfearing/
Http://members.tripod.com/FerretFriends/