From:
"Henry Lee Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 19:20:15 -0400
Well, per request of a very kind soul via an email, I am letting everyone
know how Bilbo is doing (the ferret that was chokin on toilet paper).

After getting him to drink some water, he stopped his weasing, and seemed
to be able to move around OK again, he just wanted to sleep.

The next morning he was 100% himself, and I called my vet (who is
knowledgeable with ferrets) the minute they opened.  The woman I spoke with
said not to worry about it yet, but to watch for signs of blockage:
vomiting, lethargic behavior, lack of eating, and no stool.  I am happy to
report that Bilbo seems to be eating, and passing his food well, and in 100%
playmode.  Chances are whatever was in there degraded or passed right away,
and likely it was very small.  One of my problems was that I was unable to
tell how much he had eaten, be it one little piece he was gagging on, or a
giant wad.

Bilbo has been acting as if nothing has happened, its me who was shaken up,
the fert seems to be a roughian :)

I need to get a hairball remedy, and good suggestions on brands?

Henry
Frodo (I bite and hit the litter on full moons only)=20
Bilbo (Toilet Paper ... tastes like chicken)