From:
Debbie Lowrider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:49:02 EDT
Bill  (BIG) and I had a discussion and hope he will retract the fictionally
name he posted with my email address.  [See moderator's note.]

Have talked to numerous ferret breeders lately and have to say, one person
does know what "he" is talking about, ferrets.  Some may have viewed this
individual as odd or weird (per what was spoken to me), but this person is
"elite", IMO.  The person I'm talking about is Ed Lipinski!  We had a long
discussion on numerous ferret issues and to me, he knows what he is talking
about.  Was in a playful mood and told him, sure, I will use you, in a good
way.  Meaning, he knows ferrets and this is the truth.  We talked about
numerous ferret issues that got my curiousity and he was right on the mark.

One question never asked by me was, do females in heat smell like males in
rut and he said "some do, some don't." WOW!  Ok, am the curious type of
person and can ask 100 questions, where most may ask 10, lol.

Have not been on this listserve long, but would like to make a suggestion
if I may.  When an individual asks a question, try to answer with
experience or opinion or don't answer at all.  Myself, would prefer to
reply with a grain of salt if I know one answer, but realize their are
probably more to come.  The other issue is, BIG has archives of all posts,
but an individual who may ask a "common question" to some, just might not
have the time to check the archives, or like me, didn't know they existed
at first.  Have met so many newbies to the internet and ferrets that runs
in the hundreds.

If some make the time to read the FML, why not make the time to respond
where the answer will truly help an individual and their ferret(s).

Debbie

[Moderator's note: When Bikerlowrider198 subscribed, she gave her name
only as "Debbie."  I assumed this was a previous subscriber so I entered
that incorrect full name in the subscription list.  Debbie informed me of
the mistake so I changed her name in the subscription records.  I'm sorry
for the confusion it caused.

I do request a full name of all subscribers (this has helped COUNTLESS
times when trying to track down a subscription or forward a personal
message) but, of course, I have no way to verify names, nor do I try --
if someone wants to make up a name that's their business -- all I need to
know is that the e-mail address is valid.  So for all I know, Debbie is
Jane and John is Tom and Harry is Mary, but for the most part, having the
name certainly helps me very much.  BIG]