From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 03:49:43 -0700
To:  Eric, the new FML subscriber

I agree with you Eric, a dorm room is a wonderful place to keep a ferret.  I
have two fuzzies in my dorm room.  It's a single and thus no roommate to
complain.  I guess I do have two roommates, my little guys.  I am sending
this anon because pets other than fish are a big no-no in my dorm.  I know
there is little chance of this getting back to university officials (I can
see the newspaper headline: "INTERNET TIP SPARKS A UNIVERSITY-WIDE FERRET
HUNT"), but there is a chance and I can't risk having to part with my pals.
My little guys are my companions and friends.  They cheer me up and keep me
company.  It is somehow reassuring hearing them chatter.  Mine stay in their
cage unless I am home, and then I only let them out when I am supervising
them.  The dorm room is very safe for them, there are no cracks or crevices
for them to hide.

My little guys thoroughly enjoy taking walks around the campus.  You should
see the looks I get!  Some are looks of disgust, but the vast majority are
smiles.  I take them wherever I can.  I've tried taking them to class, but
they are too noisy (and smelly!).  They start conversations wherever I take
them - the drugstore, the video store, the registrar's office, walking
through campus.  People want to know what they are and they always want to
pet them.  "Do they bite?" is the biggest question.  Most girls love them.
Need a date?  Put your buddy on your shoulder.  Watch the girls smile and
start talking to you (about the ferret of course, but you can always change
the subject)...

My only challenge is keeping the RA from finding out about them!

Cheers,

College Kid and the Dynamic Duo