Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:45:02 -0700
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share what happened today, in hopes that it could help
some other ferret owner/ferret in the future.

One of my ferret's is on the med Diazoxide. The concentration that we
have been getting his med in has been "150 mg/ml". To make a long story
short, I needed to pick up the diazoxide at a different pharmacy. They
compound diazoxide in the concentration of "50 mg/ml". So when they got
the prescript from the vet, this pharmacy "assumed" the "150" was an
error and that it was supposed to be 50 mg/ml... but yet wrote out the
instructions as to give the mL amount the same as it was in the 150
mg/ml concentration... which meant that my ferret would have received
way less than half of his normal dosage!! And he's taking this for low
glucose!!

I've read of warnings like this to always double check your ferrets'
meds (thanks Sukie!), so I just wanted to pay it forward and just
remind everyone to always double check with your vet the proper
medication type and dosage amount your ferret is supposed to get.
You can never be to safe with these little guys!

Andrea