From:
Harry Merwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 15:20:47 -0500
(Posted for, and with permission from, Rose Smith, President of  LOS
National)

Legion Of Superferrets National is sanctioning it's first shows March 4
and March 5, 2000.  We will no longer be part of the LIFE judging system.
I will have tendered my resignation as LIFE National Judge Trainer and
Coordinator by the time you read this.  I have appointed Lisa Leidig as
my successor.  We will now be continuing with a similar judging standard
to be known as the LOS National Judging format since I was involved in the
creation of the original LIFE judging standards.

There have been some serious changes within LIFE over the past year that
are no longer at the standards they once were.  The head of LIFE is no
longer Ann Davis.  Her successor is Anne Ryan Kauczka.  Jodi Schroth is
no longer Show Coordinator.  Her successor is Jim Kauczka.

In the past year LIFE has come to a jumbled standstill.  The database is a
mess and not up to date as of my last inquiry in January 2000.  This was
not acceptable to me at all, so a "parting of the ways" became our only
choice.

For your LIFE Championship points, LOS National will roll over all accrued
LIFE points into the LOS National database.  We will accept your points
from the November 1999, SVFC show if you have your marked table ribbons
and present them in photocopy to LOS National.

Any and all Judges (Championship and Specialty) currently active with LIFE
are welcome to be LOS National judges.  I hope the new head of LIFE doesn't
decide to insist you all make choices.  I have no problem with anyone who
is a judge in multiple formats.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.  Email is
probably best at this time while I prepare for our upcoming shows.  Allow
time for reply please.

Rose Smith
President, LOS National