From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:29:24 -0400
Re: Ferrets in Ancient Egypt
>in ancient Egypt.  Well, I may shed some light on this subject.  My father
>was vacationing in Egypt.  The egyptology musem in Cairo has mummified
>remains of ferrets and meercats (a kind of mongoose native to Africa).

The remains may well be of the Ichneumon, which is a mongoose that is
native to Africa.  If you check through back issues of the FML (see the
archives URL at the top of this digest), you can find more information on
the Ichneumon.  Enjoy!

Re: Film for FerretWise
Cool! If I get any more of the Seattle Filmworks film I will definately
send it your way! I gave away what they sent me last time since my film
loyalties lie elsewhere. ;)

Re: Rusty
>six years old.  Rusty was the eternal optimist, never willing to admit that
>a situation was hopeless -- whether it was trying to get past a closed

My condolences, Pam, on Rusty's passing.  One of my favorite ferret traits
is that eternal optimism.  It makes the ferret a true joy to be with and
I'm sure it makes Rusty all the more missed.

Re: Ferret Shelter Helpers
>[Moderator's note: Sigh.... note this post contains remarks which may be
>considered sexist by many.  BIG]

My kneejerk reaction to E.L.'s post was to post my objections to it.  Then
I thought better of it.  Why waste my time with a post that was obviously
going to evoke yet another wave of debate and derision?  I'd much rather
spend that time writing something more enjoyable to write and to read.  In
fact, I've had a ferret fairytale idea kicking around for some while now
and I'd love to find the time to commit the idea to paper, so to speak.

Since the FML is what we make it, post the type of article's you would like
to read.  If Mr. Lipinski's posts are not to your tastes, ignore them,
don't follow-up on them, and post something of the nature you would like to
see more of.  It's been my experience that that is one of the best way to
deal with trolls.

-kim, squirt (gimmee melon!), pippi (RAISINS!), atlas (just the 'tone, mam),
 'jinx (of the adventurous palate), and rosie (dook-dook-dook!)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.