From:
Janice Underwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 1995 00:38:34 -0500
Hi all,
        As far as nicknames go, probably my funniest was one of my kits'
baby names; Peeve, so he could be introduced as "my pet Peeve". He did,
indeed, live up to the name, and would squall and complain vigorously on
many topics.
        V'orri is also known as Chicken Big, [as in Chicken Little
thinks the sky is falling] because when unexpected stuff happens
he bugs his eyes, flattens down and then RUNS under the nearest piece of
furniture.
        Other than that we have furballs, ankle biters, toe ticklers,
tunnel snakes, rug rats, hey-you-little-sneak, pipsqueak, little squirt,
pretty girl, and the HULK [V'orri again].
        During the time that the SO's sister and her children lived with us,
the ferrets were also known as BITES. V'orri was a terrible biter in his
youth, and I had to indoctrinate the toddlers to NOT EVER touch the ferrets
without me there. I like to give the 1 inch puppy bones to the ferrets as
treats, and the oldest child [2-1/2 at the time] used to call them Bite
Cookies. [On the other hand, his cagemate Frieda could be trusted with
anyone and everyone, including the kids. She crossed over a year ago, and
my friends, family and vet still talk about how wnderful she was.]

Happy Turkey Day and dooks to all,

Janice Underwood                             Silk CGC [greyhound]
Schenectady, NY                           V'orri [silver mitt ferret]
e-mail: [log in to unmask]        Kayla [sable ferret kit]