From:
Vickie McKimmey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 15:09:12 -0400
I will give you my point of view of the rescue effort.  As I understand
the situation, the AFA office was contacted by the Washington County
Maryland Animal Control.  Tara, AFA office manager, contacted Faith, AFA
Shelter Director.  Faith contacted the one person on her shelter contact
list who 1) was located in the general area and 2) had the ways and means
to take in and quarantine 76 ferrets.  That was Rockys.

I totally support the rescue effort Barb and Kim did.  It takes a hell of
a lot of fortitude, determination, will and an overall concern for those
ferrets to be able to walk into that hell hole of a garage that day.  I
don't think there are many here who could have done it.  Remember, these
ladies have been involved in several large rescues over the years.  They
know the ropes and get the job done.  They also have a network of hard
working individuals who have taken time out of their day to day lives to
stop what they were doing to come spend time (days) at the shelter taking
care of these poor, abused and neglected ferrets.

If you have a concern about donations, then please send your donations to
SOS earmarked for the Hagerstown rescue.  Please don't make unwarranted
accusations that only go far to cause more hurt and pain for all
involved, especially the ferrets.

Vickie McKimmey
Just a Business of Ferrets
AFA Director of Shows & Special Events