From:
Carol J Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2011 18:34:18 -0700
Thanks to CaCa land's refusal to legalize ferrets, I have new exterior
phone lines installed and a new interface box, too. Let me explain.

Yesterday our cordless phones didn't work. Check phone line, it said.
We took an old corded phone plugged it and checked all the jacks, all
over, but still no service so finally called for repair service. We do
have the repair coverage on our billing. First thing that was noticed
was the cracked condition of the south-facing exterior wire that a
former owner had installed. It was thin interior wire not made fro sun
exposure. That was replaced with exterior wire. Still had problems, new
interface box replaced the old one. Repairman removed connection
outside to an extention wire into the ferret room which has no phone in
it but had still been connected. Aha, phone works. It was only after
remembering to check to jack in there that I saw the real problem,
FERRET POOP in the jack, that had been placed with the connection
upward ready to receive the phone cord end. Instead it got pooped upon
by one of the residents of a cage against the wall, a certain Mr.
Squeamus who I had to take in after his owner was stopped at the Yuma
border inspection station a few weeks ago. I know it was him as I had
to clean up a pile that hung over the litter pan and right down over
the jack. If it weren't for him I would still have the cruddy
sun-rotted old wire waiting to crack and short out in the next monsoon
wind and rain.

Thanks a lot, Mr. Kellogg!

Carol J. Owens,
Ferret Friends, Inc.