From:
"P. L. Bell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 13:49:05 -0400
The vet who did the autopsy on our ferret was not 100% sure that her
neurological damage was caused by hexane; this was just his best guess.

It has also been suggested to us that if the pathologist who did the
autopsy was not familar with ferrets, he may not have recognized some of
the more commom pathologies seen in ferrets??

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Cecere, Suzy wrote:
>If there is some cleaner or product that might be in our homes that
>contain Hexane we should all know, not only for our fuzzbutt's health,
>but also for our health and other pets that we have.

Hexane is apparently known to cause cancer in humans as well as in pets!

Patricia