From:
stephanie ann maehr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 20:33:14 -0600
Hi, friends!  I want to take the time to thank everyone for their advice on
kitties and ferts.  Things are a little guarded right now--both parties seem
to be avoiding one another, with occasional hisses.  Marty, the alpha male,
has tried to discipline the "interloper" but was surprised to find out that
this one is a little sharper than the others.  Jake is mellow as usual,
although he has discovered the joys of litter digging.  Sophie seems to be a
little mad at mom who brought the tall black ferret into the house; she's
been getting extra attention.  Things certainly aren't as bad as I expected.
For the most part, the ferts have been good with the little furball.

One question (I'm almost afraid to ask it): Marty started losing hair on the
tip of his tail just as the weather here started getting hotter.  I took him
to the vet just in case and he couldn't see any signs of disease.  Sunday,
while the fuzzies and I were enjoying a morning in the park, I noticed brown
spots on Marty's tail.  I'm worried, should I be?  I'm going to take him to
the vet next week when the kitty (we haven't thought of a good name for him
yet, any suggestions?) goes for his shots.  Should I wait that long--above
all else all of my kids are my priority.  Thanks again for letting me pick
your brains yet again :) .

Hugs from all of us,

Steph