From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2011 22:46:32 -0400
No. 421 and Oliver were enjoying the evening breeze when Bluebird came
fluttering up to her perch.

"Hi Fellers," she chirped. "I has a DMK ferret for you to greet. This
fellow had a very hard life, and his Momma said she thinks he deserves
a nice place to live. De Boss, he say you, No. 421, knows all the nice
places, so put on your thinking cap and hurry up to de bridge." And
with that, she was gone.

Oliver and No. 421 were deep in thought. "Hhhuummmmm," No. 421 was
thinking. "What about a nice place near the Cloud Ranch. There is a
big family of ferrets there, and it does get cold and snow over there,
and didn't he live in a cold climate on earth?"

Oliver just looked straight ahead. He was thinking. If this new fella
was in the area of the Cloud Ranch, he would be living right next to
that cute Hershey Bear. What to do, where could he go?

No. 421 got up out of his chair and went into the cabin to get washed
up. "Come on Oliver," he called. "Have you thought of anyplace Cinnabon
could go?"

"No, I have not," he said. "Let's think about it on the way to the
bridge." The two friends hurried up the path and were just in sight of
the bridge when they saw a lone ferret sitting in No. 421's chair. He
looked very sad and was so engrossed in thought he did not see No, 421
and Oliver approach.

"Welcome to the Rainbow Bridge," No. 421 called. "Might you be
Cinnabon?"

"Yes, I be Cinnabon, but why am I here" he said? "I went to sleep, then
I woke up and there was a man with wings and a very pretty bird that
was blue. She fluttered off and I was told to follow the path to the
Bridge. Someone would meet me when I arrived. So here I am."

No. 421 put a big furry arm around Cinnabon. "Not to worry son," he
said. "You are safe here, and I am thinking you would like to go to the
Cloud Ranch. There are a lot of ferrets there and they are always
having fun. They will help you build a mound and you can wait there for
your lovely Mrs. She will be along some day and you will have a place
already for her."

Cinnabon brightened up a bit. "Okay, I guess I could," he said." But I
don't know nuthin' about building."

Oliver was feeling sorry for poor Cinnabon. He felt guilty that he
didn't want him to meet any cute ferret girls. "Hey Cinnabon," Oliver
said. "I can help you build, and I'll get my buddies to come over also.
We'll help you out, don't worry."

Cinnabon smiled. He had a lovely smile and his eyes were twinkling.
"Deal" he said.

The three ferrets were almost at the Cloud Ranch when Jazzy looked up
from the grill and saw the three coming down the hill. He reached for
the dinner gong and gave it a good shake. Ferrets came running from
everywhere and waited to great the stranger.

"Hi fellas," No 421 said. "This is Cinnabon and he has just arrived. He
has had to leave his Mrs. and all his friends. I brought him over here
to see if there was someplace near where he could build a mound and be
happy."

"We just opened up the north field," Jazzy said. "I'll give you a plot
and you can build a place. How's that?"

"That be fine, but I don't know how to build a mound," he said.

"Hey listen up everyone," Jazzy said. "Our new friend needs a place
to stay and help building it. SSSOOOOO after supper tonight, which is
almost ready and I do hope the three of you will stay," we will make
plans for a Mound Raising party tomorrow. Someone go ring the big town
bell and tell everyone the news. The girls can bring food, the fella's
their tools and by tomorrow night, Cinnabon will have a new mound. You
said you had a Mrs.? What colors does she like? Well, never mind about
that now, you can find out tomorrow and we'll work that in to the plan.

Whew -- supper is on, everyone gather round."

The roasted N Bones were the best No. 421 had ever tasted. Cinnabon
ate several and was talking happily with his new friends. Oliver and
No. 421 got up to leave and promised to come back tomorrow.

Shooting Star came over to Cinnabon and gave him a kiss on his
forehead. "If you want to send a message home, I will be glad to take
it," she said.

Cinnabon licked the last of the barbeque sauce from his paw and said he
would like his Mom to know he had arrived, was happy to be here, and
tomorrow he would start building a mound with his new friends.

Once home, No. 421 wrote in his logbook, Mission Accomplished. Cinnabon
is with a crew that is all about having fun. He will be fine, and by
tomorrow night, after the Mound Raising, he will be right at home.

The two friends blew out the candles and went to bed. Tomorrows Mound
Raising Party, thrown by that bunch at Cloud Ranch, was one party they
didn't want to miss.