From:
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:14:17 -0800
>From:    alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: The Many Colors of Marshall.
 [and]
>Subject: Marshall constructive discussions, one on one: Robin

>Yes, much of this "controversy" is rooted in the apparent "closed door"
>policy of Marshall's own making.

Okay other than a cute buzzword what do you mean by "closed door" policy?
Do you mean that Marshall doesn't allow people who could be carrying the ECE
virus or other diseases into their farm?  That sounds smart to us.  Or do
you mean their practice of not responding to abusive assaults?  That sounds
like the Christian "turn the other cheek" in practice.  Or do you mean that
they don't pillage their own company by giving freely all of their trade
secrets?  Maybe when Intel provides schematics for their advanced processors
on the web for all to peruse, and Microsoft leaves the source code for Win
95 on the net for everyone's downloading pleasure Marshall will likewise
feel it is okay to let their trade secrets out.  There are few analogs in
the world to Marshall Farms.  But what do we know of the breeding practices
as you like to refer to of Path Valley?  Checker Farms?  Meg Carpenter?
Rose Smith?  Zen and the Art of Ferrets?  Well we know what happens here
and just because we don't publish all of our details here on the FML there
is no reason to suppose its nefarious.  Most people don't even know that we
now breed pygmy goats but that isn't a sign that we are evil either.  It
just allows us to qualify as a farm and to have the company of another fun
animal.

>In a later post, I will state clearly what these concerns are that I am
>aware of, along with their status according to my reconnaissance.

Have you been peering into Marshall facilities with binoculars or do you
mean your usual hearsay approach to research?

>I agree, my information according to another large retailer indicates
>a "shipping age" of about 4.5 - 5 weeks, and land in the store at the
>age you stated.

We have yet to hear of a ferret kit delivered to a store with its eyes
still closed.  This age is where they are typically squinty or one eye
open at best.

>>Or those breeders that breed ferrets just for hunting purposes ... and get
>>their teeth cut out with wire cutters?

>I am told this horrific practice is also conducted south of the border
>for pets.

Do you mean ferrets or other animals?  Ferrets are exceedingly rare in
Mexico.  Or do you mean some other border or some other pet?

"I am told" isn't exactly a very persuasive argument.  We have been told
the moon is made of green cheese and the tooth fairy leaves quarters under
pillows.  We aren't heading to the moon with a package of saltines nor do
we look under our pillows for spare change.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]