From:
Jim & Laura Ferris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 19:35:16 -0400
We've never had health problems with any of our fuzzies.  Last week I took
4 year old Panda in because he had lost 9 ounces and I could feel his tummy
felt different than the others.  In the end, the vet did surgery and
removed a spleen that was 3 1/2 ounces.  I got him home on Saturday and
this morning went back for a check.  He has lost another ounce of weight
and though he will drink ferret soup (ensure, egg yolks, cream) and will
take ferretvite and water, he's not eating anything.

I'd sure appreciate any suggestions for this little guy.  What should I do.
Has anyone's fuzzie had to have his spleen removed and did they survive and
how did you do it.

Thank you so much,
Laura