From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:33:32 EDT
Wow, to my knowledge Marshall Farms has never treated anyone like this,
by passing the buck off to the store, etc, as you said PV did to you.
But I could be wrong.  When you deal with such huge companies, there is
always the chance of running into your typical "desk jerk" who replies
with such ill tact.  I guess that could happen with any company.  I have
heard of numurous experiences with Marshall Farms regarding deaf ferrets
that's nothing short of positive.  They are sympathetic, caring, and more
than generous in offering financial options for reimbursement.  Where
deaf ferrets are concerned, Marshall Farms is not "bad"... in fact I
credit them with going above and beyond what they "could".  This has not
always been so.  For those that had inconsisent experiences with them
years ago, I am aware of that.  I have no experience with PV and genetic
defects or deafness.  I'd love to hear some.  I"m sorry that you had such
a response from PV.  A simple yes/no we will or will not cover deafness
would have sufficed.  I'd rather get a blunt "no we don't cover that"
than to get the response that you did.

Wolfy