From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 07:05:30 -0500
I just read your posts and I think I can help.

I have had many experiences with ferrets and trees, last year, one of
my girls replaced the star.  She took out the light, and put her head
through, (sigh).  This year, I have a table tree in a big pot.  I can
move it where ever I like.

As a back up, I have a hanging plant that may not hang for the holidays.
In my house you may be kissing under the Christmas Tree.  It is my last
resort.  I could lower the tree for guests and gift unwrapping, and pull
it up when I leave.  It is an idea that is not so far fetched.  AND, it
may just work.

As for gifts under the tree, how about you get yours in a sack, sort of
like Santa just dropped them in the LOCKED closet.  I may just hand them
out in a bag with your name on it, WITH the paper still on them, and
real bows that have not been removed several times, shredded, bitten, or
chewed.  Ya gotta love it, or you would be lonesome and never have the
fun we all have.

When I think of last Christmas, I do not remember what I got, who came
or if it snowed.  I remember looking for Charity and finding her, at the
top of the tree, her sweet face in the middle of the star, that had been
modified to fit around her head.

Marilyn and the gang at Ledoux Hospice.