From:
KiSta Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:12:52 -0400
Hi FML'ers,

A whole female ferret was found in Manchester township, NJ last week.
She is now here with us, possibly pregnant.

This is the 3rd whole ferret found in the Jackson, NJ/Manchester Township
area.  They've all been found around 2nd and 3rd Avenue, in the park or
in the adjoining properties.

If anyone in the area knows of anyone who is breeding ferrets, I would
really appreciate any information.  The Dept of Fish, Game & Wildlife has
no licensed breeders/shelters/petstores in that area, so they'd also really
like to know who is dumping or allowing these ferrets to escape.  You can
email me anonymously if you like,.... I'd just like to know how many more
ferrets are going to be let go, and possibly intervene before they have to
withstand this NJ heat before being found, or worse.  This little girl was
found in time, but I worry that others are outside trying to deal with the
90+ degree temps we've been having.

Thank you, and thank you also to Bill & Diane Killian, Bev Fox and Susan
Malone for giving me information on the possible pregnancy of the stray
jill.

Kim Rushing
KiSta Ferret Shelter
www.kistaferret.com